Junior B FC Final: Na Fianna Take the Crown

    Na Fianna ..... 3-10 Slane ............ 2-5

    A strong first-half showing was central to Na Fianna's decisive win over Slane in the JFC B final at Pairc Tailteann early on Sunday afternoon. 

    Fielding a potent blend of experience and youth Na Fianna's second team started well and led from Jack McNally's first minute pointed free, Ollie Lewis at midfield was pivotal to Na Fianna's win while McNally finished with four to his name. 

    Seven points ahead heading into the final third of the hour, Na Fianna had enough banked to see off Slane. 

    When Slane sub Paraic McGowan bagged his second goal, it was 2-10 to 2-5.

    Ollie Lewis capped a memorable day for Na Fianna with their third goal with the hour almost up Harry Silke and Sean Griffin assisted. 

    Despite playing into the wind blowing from the old Na Fianna were quick off the mark with two Jack McNallly points (one free) inside four minutes. In the ninth minute, a searing Brian Queeney run almost brought a goal. The Na Fianna captain's effort was narrowy wide. 

    An Alan Harding free halved Slane's deficit, but Na Fianna responded with McNally's third point, second free, and a Mark Slevin score from play left it 0-4 to 0-1 heading into the second-quarter.

    A Slane rally cut the gap to the minimum, 0-3 to 0-4, thanks to points from Alan Harding - followiing a well-worked 45 - and Matthew Tully (free). 

    A Na Fianna scoring burst yielded 1-3 without reply to move them seven points clear by the 29th minute. 

    A brilliantly struck Kean Flynn penalty goal was the high point while a point from wing-back Jarlath Ennis was another highlight of the second-quarter. 

    Slane rallied in first-half stoppage time with Alan Harding pointing before setting up sub Paraic McGowan for a goal. 

    Na Fianna led by 1-7 to 1-4 at half-time with strong wind advantage to come.

    The second-half opened on a low-key note, coming to life when Mark Slevin fired to the net at the end of brilliant move with Paul Kennedy, Sean Coffey and Kean Flynn also involved.

    Another Mark Slevin point left it 2-8 to 1-4 after 40 minutes and the Matthew Ginnity Cup looked set for Baconstown, Enfield and Rathmolyon.  

    Na Fianna - Sean Coyle;  Sean Coffey, Daniel Gleeson, Stephen Slevin; Jarlath Ennis (0-1), Thomas Cosgrave, Eoin Downey;  Brian Queeney (C), Dean Henrick; Ronan Byrne, Paul Kennedy, Kean Flynn (1-1, 1-0 pen); Jack McNally (0-4 3fs), Ollie Lewis (1-0), Mark Slevin (1-2). Subs - Harry Silke (0-2) for Ennis (39), Sean Griffin for Kennedy (46), Evan Henrick for Byrne (bc 56), Cian Slattery for Lewis (60), Ben Caldwell for Flynn (60 + 1)

    Slane - Darren Berrill; Shane Harding, Eoin Gibbs, Liam White; Jake Tallon, Francis Marry, Eoin Feeley (JC); Barry Carolan, Jim Marry; Peter Martyn, Alan Harding (JC) (0-4,2fs), Kevin Reilly; Cillian Gough, Matthew Tully (0-1 f), Eanna Mooney. Subs - Paraic McGovern (2-0) for Carolan (18), Daniel Carolan for Gough (45), Finn Searle for White (45), Aaron Lane for Tallon (55), Stephen McLoughlin for Reilly (55)

    Referee - Martin Dawson (St Michael's).


    * Report from Hoganstand.com



    Important Contacts Na Fianna

    Secretary: Nicola Kilcoyne Email- Secretary.nafianna.meath@gaa.ie.

    PRO: Siobhán Kirby Email-  Pro.nafianna@gmail.com

    Children's Protection Officer: Jenny Boggan

    Designated Liaison Person: Carmel O'Reilly Higgins

    Appointed Mandated Person: Phillipa Flynn